||PhD in Physics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
Concurrent appointment with:
Department of Physics
- Graphene based biosensors
- Nanopore sensors
- Electrical methods for DNA sequencing
- Single molecule biophysics
- Bio-nanoscience and bio-nanotechnology
Selected Awards & Honours
- National Research Foundation Fellowship, Singapore (2012)
- Swiss National Science Foundation Fellowship for Prospective Researchers (2003)
- Different research projects were featured in international media (BBC News, Discovery, Technology Review, New Scientist, etc)
Selected Journal Publications
- S. Garaj et al.“Graphene as a subnanometre trans-electrode membrane”, Nature 467, 190 (2010).
- S. Garaj, W. Hubbard, and J. A. Golovchenko, “Graphene synthesis by ion implantation”, Applied Physics Letters 97, 183103 (2010).
- D. Hoogerheide, S. Garaj, J. A. Golovchenko, “Probing surface charge fluctuation with solid state nanopores”, Physical Review Letters 102, 256804 (2009).
- D. Branton et al. “The potential and challenges of nanopore sequencing”, Nature Biotechnology 26, 1146 (2008).