- Tissue Engineering, Medical Device and Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Main interest is to translate early stage technology into clinical applications
- Therapy For Skin Regeneration Suitable For Use In Field Hospital Under DIRPStem Cell
- BN3101: Bioengineering Design
Service to University
- Governing Board Member
- Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore
Membership in Scientific/Professional Organizationion
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Selected Journal Publications
- Liao, S, Ngiam, M, Chan, CK & Ramakrishna, S 2009, 'Fabrication of nano-hydroxyapatite/collagen/osteonectin composites for bone graft applications', Biomedical materials (Bristol, England), vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 025019.
- Dong, Y, Yong, T, Liao, S, Chan, CK, Stevens, MM & Ramakrishna, S 2010, 'Distinctive degradation behaviors of electrospun polyglycolide, poly(DL-lactide-co-glycolide), and poly(L-lactide-co-epsilon-caprolactone) nanofibers cultured with/without porcine smooth muscle cells', Tissue engineering. Part A, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 283-298.
- Teo, WE, Liao, S, Chan, CK & Ramakrishna, S 2010, 'Fabrication and characterization of hierarchically organized nanoparticle-reinforced nanofibrous composite scaffolds', Acta biomaterialia
- Fong, ELS, Chan, CK & Goodman, SB 2010, 'Stem cell homing in musculoskeletal injury', Biomaterials
- Ngiam, M, Nguyen, LT, Liao, S, Chan, CK & Ramakrishna, S 2011, 'Biomimetic Nanostructured Materials Potential Regulators for Osteogenesis?', Annals, Academy of Medicine, Singapore, vol. 40, pp. 1-3.
- Lim, NSJ, Hamed, Z, Yeow, CH, Chan, CK & Huang, Z 2011, 'Early detection of biomolecular changes in disrupted porcine cartilage using polarized Raman spectroscopy', Journal of biomedical optics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 017003.
- Ngiam, M, Liao, S, Jie, T, Xiaodi, S, Dong, Y, Ramakrishna, S & Chan, CK 2011, 'Effects of mechanical stimulation in osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells on aligned nanofibrous scaffolds', Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 56-70.
- Ma, K, Liao, S, He, L, Lu, J, Ramakrishna, S & Chan, CK 2011, 'Effects of nanofiber/stem cell composite on wound healing in acute full-thickness skin wounds', Tissue engineering. Part A, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 1413-1424.
Refer here for complete list of publications